Corona 9 Update
Corona Virus Update 9
April 17, 2020
- I continue to hope everyone is well. Stay the course and continue following the federal, state, and local guidelines. They are working.
- A website link for the Texas Department of State Health services is below. It is one of several I visit daily to keep up with our current health crisis.
- Another reminder, if you have not done so already, to complete U.S. Census data and get it submitted. This information has a huge impact on funding for our state, county, community, and school district.
- Today Governor Abbott extended the closure of school buildings for the remainder of the school year. Online instruction is to remain in place until our current school year is completed. Throughout the next two weeks we will receive additional input and guidelines from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and Governor Abbott.
- All remaining 2020-2021 UIL events are cancelled. Practices, workouts, and rehearsals are suspended until further notice.
- We continue to explore options for prom and graduation.
- We finally received some definitive guidance regarding grade reporting. As a result, we will be sending 5th six-week report cards for the grading period ending April 3.
- Contact your campus principal if your child has personal items from the school you need to pick up. They will have protocol in place for you to schedule this. At the end of the school year you will receive information for the return of school equipment with similar protocols.
- I again encourage you to stay in contact with your child's teacher. Do not hesitate to contact your child's campus principal if problems arise. Gunter Rodriguez firstname.lastname@example.org Amanda Barrientes email@example.com Matt Caffey firstname.lastname@example.org Although the conditions are less than optimal, it is critical to understand that school is still in session. It is my expectation that teachers continue to teach and students continue to learn.
- Thank you. Stay safe and look for future updates.
Thank you again and please take care.
Dr. Greg Roach