Please take note of the following important information about the administration of medication during school hours:
1. Only those medications that are necessary for a student's medical care and that cannot be given outside school hours will be administered.
2. Medication must be in its original, properly labeled container (no baggies, please).
3. Please request your pharmacist to provide two labeled bottles or medication: one for home and one for school. Also, if a dosage is changed (Ritalin, for example), a new label must be made - medications can only be given as per label instructions.
4. Please provide written consent and specific instructions for each medication. There is a medication permission form available for download or in the school clinic and office where this is done.
5. The school nurse cannot dispense over-the-counter (non-prescription) medication such as Tylenol, cough syrups, antihistamines, etc unless these medications are provided from home (with written permission/ instructions.) designee, and only in life-threatening/urgent situations (for example, adrenaline for severe allergic reactions.)
6. Prescription and non-prescription medication requests and parent/physician requests are to be renewed at the beginning of each new school year.
7. At the end of each school year, all students will be notified that medications will need to be taken home.
8. Any medications that are not picked up will be discarded.
Form to give Medication